Two Inter players have reportedly been sued for alleged privacy violations after fear that they were filmed without consent at a nightclub in Milan on the night of January 6, 2024.

Italian news outlet, Il Corriere Del Veneto, reports that two Inter players believed they were photographed and filmed privately in the Hollywood Club in Milan. This incident occurred on the night of January 6, 2024, during a private party where many footballers were in attendance, including those of Inter and Hellas Verona since the two teams had just faced each other that day. The players allegedly forced a young man to leave the club, pulling him by the arm and grabbing his phone to go through it, checking his personal phone camera roll and social media profiles making sure that there were no photos or videos of the players. One of the players, although not confirmed yet, is rumoured to be Inter and Austria forward Marko Arnautović.

The young Friulian man felt that he had been violated and is now suing through the Tutino Law Firm in Udine. The Law Firm claims that it was 4:15 in the morning when the man was simply using his phone flashlight to better view a receipt in order to pay for a drink he had ordered. All of a sudden, a tall, blond man appeared asking if he had taken any photos or videos of the football players. The answer was no, but the players were not convinced and this is when the man was dragged out of the club and forced to hand over his phone- in which the Inter players found nothing.

In addition, the man is claiming he was threatened by the players. The report suggests that allegedly, one of the players told the man, “You know what can happen if you go against me”, and was further asked what football team he supports, then being told to say “Milan m*rda”, a request that the man did not oblige.

The two players are being investigated for various offences including threats and arbitrary exercise of their rights, having “acted violently and violated the privacy of our client”, says Tutino Law Firm. The investigation is ongoing and the mobile phone has been confiscated to search for fingerprints. Tutino claims the incident will also be brought to the attention of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).